It’s not You. It’s them!
While swiping through the stories, you suddenly see shiny blue links available from accounts that redirect you to external links. What are they??
These are brand new “Link Stickers” released by Instagram.
What are Stickers on Instagram?
Instagram stickers allow creators to add interactive features to your stories. Creators can add stickers to invite their Instagram followers to respond to a poll, donate, take part in a quiz, ask questions, listen to music, countdown to an event, and more.
These are great because while they allow creators to engage their audience, they also allow to capture metrics to up their content game.
What is the Instagram link sticker?
The new link sticker lets creators add an external link or URL to their Instagram stories. This feature is already available as a “swipe-up” for creators with ~>10K followers. This is what Instagram is changing.
Instagram recently replaced its ‘swipe-up’ link feature with link stickers.
It definitely has a few advantages over the older ‘swipe-up’ link.
- Stickers have been in existence for a while and Instagram users are already familiar with them. Users often interact with Instagram Stickers for questions, polls, music, locations etc.
- Link stickers will make it easy for creators to promote more than one piece of content quickly on Instagram. Imagine a single story for a single product on your whole website.
- Link stickers will help in monitoring metrics and user engagement
- Link stickers allow viewers to engage with a story, respond and react to it. The earlier swipe-up feature redirected users and didn’t allow reactions or replies to stories.
Here’s how to add a link sticker to an Instagram story
- Open the Instagram app. Then, click on the plus icon or sign shown on the top right corner of the screen.
- Now create or select your story from gallery.